|Goal Setting for a Healthy Weight|
To turn your weight loss ambitions into success, create goals that will lead you to a healthier lifestyle in small, manageable steps.
Develop your weight loss goals with these SMART guidelines:
● Specific: Write down the details of exactly what you would like to accomplish.
Where? When? Why? How? Set a basis for tracking your progress.
● Measurable: Think in both the long and short term. Set weekly and monthly goals
to keep yourself on track.
● Attainable: Consider your expectations and personal situation. It’s great to aim
high, but don’t set yourself up for failure.
● Relevant: Is this change important to you right now?
● Timing: Choose a definite start and finish date to hold
Setbacks will happen.
You’re human. Don’t let an overindulgence force
you off the track. Instead,
● Use it as a learning opportunity. What can
you do to prevent this from happening
● Keep a positive attitude. Making lifestyle
changes is not easy, give yourself some
● Focus on the progress and changes you
have made and continue to find strategies
that work best for you.
Read more :
Source: Breanna Leas
UMHS Dietetic Intern 2014
Tags: #weight loss